While there’s no universal standard for sustainable manufacturing, Living Deep curators Tracy and Jason F. McLennan are committed to supporting brands, makers and manufacturers that are on a ‘deep green’ path, making progress towards positive environmental and social benefit.
Living Deep is different in our product evaluation and curation process:
1. Our company is founded by deep experts in sustainability and product design. We look for products we believe in and stand behind them.
2. We encourage buying less, buying second hand when possible, and only using Living Deep to fill in the gaps when needed.
3. We make shopping easier and faster for you by pre-vetting the best designed products from the most responsible vendors around the world – not only for environmental and social responsibility – but also for beauty.
4. We only select vendors that have a strong, authentic environmental and social ethos.
5. We look for products that are durable and extended initial and secondary uses.
6. We ask our vendors to make all packaging recyclable and compostable, eliminating single use plastic and Styrofoam for all shipping.
7. We only source wood products certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC), whose mission is to promote environmentally sound, socially beneficial and economically prosperous management of the world's forests.
8. We push all our vendors to secure their Declare 2.0 label certification, which answers three questions: Where does a product come from? What is it made of? Where does it go at the end of its life?
9. We look to avoid Redlist chemicals in all the products we sell and to promote product transparency.
10. We offer you an easy mechanism to offset the carbon created by your purchase, both the freight and the embodied carbon–carbon emissions related to manufacturing the product itself.
Learn more about the range of certifications on our selected products.
Living Deep curators Tracy and Jason F. McLennan
(with Sammy the Newfoundland)